We take the safeguarding of both children and vulnerable adults very seriously and we are committed to the protection, nurture and safeguarding of all our members, especially those at risk. All of our leaders undergo DBS screening and regular mandatory training in child protection and safeguarding protocols. We do all we can to provide a happy and safe environment for our children, young people and adults and our Safeguarding Policy is reviewed regularly and appears below.
Holy Trinity, Broadstairs
Parish Safeguarding Policy Statement
This parochial church council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England and endorsed by the Diocese of Canterbury.
In particular we are committed to:
· The safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
· carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
· responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
· cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
· ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
· extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
We have appointed …Lesley Miller Tel: (01843) 853717 and
Sharon Moull (RNC Tel: (01843) 600578
as the Parish Safeguarding Coordinator(s)
Approved by the Parochial Church Council on ……………………………………….....
Signed ……Dominic Fenton (Rector)
Date ……6th December 2017……
Signed …Alan Baldwin
Date ……6th December 2017
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222
The Parish Safeguarding Coordinator(s) are available to speak with adults or children.
Lesley Miller Tel: